[rules-users] Can Jboss rules handle large no. of RuleBases?

Kunal Shah kshah at sensorlogic.com
Thu Mar 22 10:37:13 EDT 2007

I am new to JBoss rules and trying to figure out whether we can use it
in our application. I have one doubt about its usability in our app
after reading documentation.

Documentation says that creation of RuleBase is a heavy operation and
shouldn't occur many times. But in our app we have thousands of entities
each possibly having a separate RuleBase. Is this feasible?

Basically rules used by one entity may not be used by other (or should
not be used in certain cases). So is there a way of sharing a RuleBase
among multiple entities but not sharing all the rules defined in it,
e.g. when we create WorkingMemory can you specify to use rules having
certain property only like 'namespace' (or package)?

I will appreciate any pointers/ideas regarding this.

Kunal Shah
Development

214-445-2121

972-934-7376 (fax)