[rules-users] syntax question

Anstis, Michael (M.) manstis1 at ford.com
Mon Mar 26 04:27:49 EDT 2007

Hi Bruce,

>From my experience (with 3.1-M1) you can reference bound Facts/Columns
in subsequent patterns; like:-

$m : Manufacturer ( name == "Honda" )
$c : Car ( manufacturer == $m )
$c : Customer ( cars contains $c, age > 18 )

$cars.contains("Honda") requires an eval statement as your requirement
is equivalent to "Customer ( cars.contains("Honda") )" which does not
use a zero-parameter field accessor and is not compliant with the Java
Beans specification).

With kind regards,

Mike