[rules-users] JBoss Rules IDE Error on StringEvaluator

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Thu May 24 10:14:58 EDT 2007

    Ronald,

    I see now. Version 3.0.x still used integer codes for operators and that
is the reason the error message is saying operator '50'.
    So, the problem is you are trying to use >= (operator 50) with a string
attribute:

    public static final int EQUAL            = 1;
    public static final int NOT_EQUAL        = 10;
    public static final int LESS             = 20;
    public static final int LESS_OR_EQUAL    = 30;
    public static final int GREATER          = 40;
    public static final int GREATER_OR_EQUAL = 50;
    public static final int CONTAINS         = 60;
    public static final int MATCHES          = 70;
    public static final int EXCLUDES         = 80;

      Version 4.0 already uses type safe enums for operators, so message
will be better.

      Back to your problem, I guess we should add support for comparisons
between strings using the java lexicographic order. We don't do it as of
today.

      What you can do as a work around is to use a predicate:

MyFact( $s: strAttr -> ( $s.compareTo( $otherValue ) >= 0 ) )

       May I ask you please to open a JIRA with a feature request to support
comparison for string objects?

       Thank you,
          Edson

--