[rules-users] Cannot retrieve an existing WorkingMemory from RuleBase

Jones, Alan R alan.r.jones at boeing.com
Thu May 24 15:17:59 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have a method in my code that creates a RuleBase, then adds a new
WorkingMemory. I then put that that RuleBase into a Hashtable for later
use. Another method receives a Fact along with a reference for an
associated rulebase. One these are received, I get the rulebase from the
hashtable, then use Set iterator to retrieve the working memory i
originally created. At this point I would assert the fact into the
retrieved WorkingMemory. However, i get a null pointer, that is, there
is no WorkingMemory inside (returned by the Iterator) the RuleBase any
longer. Any ideas what is going on?

What is even more strange, when I step through the code in debug mode
(MyEclipse), it works fine. Just doesn't work at normal runtime.

Thanks,

Alan J