[rules-users] Migration from 3.0.5 to 4.0.0

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Thu May 24 15:53:48 EDT 2007

    You probably need to start eclipse with a '-clean' option or something
like that...

    Regarding the migration, there are some changes that are not backward
compatible, but it should not be too difficult to do it. The main one is
that 3.0.x automatically wraps any primitive value into the corresponding
wrapper class (example: int into Integer). As 4.0 now supports primitive
types, you must remove the unwrapping calls (.intValue(), .doubleValue(),
etc).
    Also, to create a working memory, use newStatefulSession() method
instead of the newWorkingMemory() method.

    Anyone willing to help writing a migration how to (even partial) would
be most welcome and I'm sure a lot of people would benefit. It is possible
to do it in the WIKI so we have a collaborative effort.

    []s
    Edson

2007/5/24, Krishnan <krishiyer at gmail.com>:

> I tried the same thing but could not migrate cleanly.
>
> I dropped the plugin in the plugin directory and restarted eclipse. I see
> two Rule icons in my eclipse workspace. I closed it and deleted the 3.0.5plugin from the plugin directory but it still would not go away. Not sure
> how to get rid of it.
>
> -Krishnan.
>
> On 5/24/07, Ronald R. DiFrango <ron.difrango at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Any catches in migrating from 3.0.5 to 4.0.0?  Anything special if you
> > have a JBoss Rules Eclipse project when upgrading?

> Sivaramakrishna Iyer Krishnan (Anand)
>
> Never assume the obvious is true.
> - William Safire

  Edson Tirelli