[rules-users] Can a rule be assigned both agenda-group and ruleflow-group ?

LNguyen linh.nguyen at cgi.com
Thu Nov 8 16:17:42 EST 2007

Hi everybody:

I would like to use Drools to capture validation logics that will be shared
at UI level and back-end level.  That is, I need to fire a specific rule
on-demand to validate a field input and fire it again as part of the final
validation.

To fire a specific rule, I use the agenda-group attribute.  To fire it again
as part of a larger group, I then try to create a ruleflow.

I found that if I add a ruleflow-group to a rule, it's can no longer be
fired by setFocus().  Is that normal, or I did something wrong?  I thought
of creating a ruleflow for each rule, but that sounds like a hack to me,
Drools probably offer a more elegant solution (I'm only 2 wks into Drools).

What is best way to implement my problem: to fire a rule individually and to
fire it again as part of a group?

TIA
Linh