[rules-users] dialect: Java or MVEL

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Mon Sep 24 13:11:28 EDT 2007

Java is more mature in tooling and implementation and is still currently
the default implementation and the recommended one if you are not sure.
MVEL will eventually become the default dialect when it matures, its
advantage is in the simpler language it provides, which helps make rules
easier to read and write. It can also operate in reflection mode, which
can really help for large rule based systems that have perm gen issues.

Mark