[rules-users] Hot Deployment

Paul Browne paulb at firstpartners.net
Fri Apr 4 17:56:03 EDT 2008

Brian,

I'm guessing that you mean the RuleAgent Class. The Javadoc on this
class gives more info.

Code sample (assuming that you have the BRMS setup as per the doc).
You'll need to change to whatever settings are appropriate for your BRMS.

            Properties prop = new Properties();
            prop.setProperty("url",uri);
            prop.setProperty("newInstance", "true");
            prop.setProperty("localCacheDir", ".");
            prop.setProperty("poll", "300"); // poll every 300 seconds
for hot deployment.

            //Get a new RuleBase using these properties
            RuleAgent agent = RuleAgent.newRuleAgent(prop);
            RuleBase rb = agent.getRuleBase();

Then use the RuleBase as normal

Paul