[rules-users] Hot Deployment

Brian Trezise Brian.Trezise at intellidata.net
Mon Apr 7 16:19:17 EDT 2008

Ok. I put that in but I'm having trouble getting it to recognize the uri I'm
passing in.  I'm passing in
"file:///c:/svn/code/sleuth/src/net/intellidata/sleuth/description/rules/"
and I'm getting the following exception:

RuleAgent(default) INFO (Mon Apr 07 13:14:40 MDT 2008): Configuring with
newInstance=true, secondsToRefresh=300

RuleAgent(default) INFO (Mon Apr 07 13:14:40 MDT 2008): Configuring package
provider : URLScanner monitoring URLs:
file:/c:/svn/code/sleuth/src/net/intellidata/sleuth/description/rules/ with
local cache dir of .

java.lang.ClassCastException: sun.net.www.protocol.file.FileURLConnection

            at
org.drools.agent.HttpClientImpl.checkLastUpdated(HttpClientImpl.java:26)

            at org.drools.agent.URLScanner.hasChanged(URLScanner.java:141)

            at org.drools.agent.URLScanner.getChangeSet(URLScanner.java:108)

            at
org.drools.agent.URLScanner.loadPackageChanges(URLScanner.java:88)

            at
org.drools.agent.RuleAgent.checkForChanges(RuleAgent.java:330)

            at
org.drools.agent.RuleAgent.refreshRuleBase(RuleAgent.java:298)

            at org.drools.agent.RuleAgent.configure(RuleAgent.java:284)

            at org.drools.agent.RuleAgent.init(RuleAgent.java:208)

            at org.drools.agent.RuleAgent.newRuleAgent(RuleAgent.java:176)

            at org.drools.agent.RuleAgent.newRuleAgent(RuleAgent.java:148)

            at
net.intellidata.sleuth.description.rules.DescriptionRuleLoader.loadRules(Des
criptionRuleLoader.java:48)

            at
net.intellidata.sleuth.description.rules.DescriptionRuleLoaderTest.testDescr
iptionRuleLoader(DescriptionRuleLoaderTest.java:32)

            at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown
Source)

            at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.junit3.JUnit3TestReference.run(JUnit3T
estReference.java:130)

            at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run(TestExecution.java:3
8)

            at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRu
nner.java:460)

            at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRu
nner.java:673)

            at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.
java:386)

            at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner
.java:196)

The goal here is to monitor the directory above for any changes to the files
or additional files that show up.  Any help would be appreciated.

Brian Trezise
Staff Software Engineer
IntelliData, Inc
3173 s. uravan way