[rules-users] What-if analysis

Ravi Shankar (Singtel) ravishankar at singnet.com.sg
Tue Apr 22 18:24:46 EDT 2008

Dear all,

Does Drools support "what-if" analysis?

For example, I have the data for the sales done by a salesman for the past one year. There is a commission available to the salesman for the same he is doing. I use the data to plot a graph showing the efficiency of all salesmen in my company.

Assume that the comany wants a profit of , say, 10% more than what currently is, I mean "what if the comany wants more revenue", what should be the values for sales. It is a trivial example, but just enough for understanding my query - can we use Drools for this? Is it being used in financial inductry where derivatives etc are used widely?

Thanks and regards,
Ravion