[rules-users] What-if analysis

Anstis, Michael (M.) manstis1 at ford.com
Wed Apr 23 03:57:14 EDT 2008

I believe this is an example of backwards-chaining.

(From the manual) Drools only supports forward-chaining at present although
"...Drools will be adding support for Backward Chaining in its next major
release...".

Have you looked at Geoffrey De Smet's drools-solver excellent work? Will
this provide what you need?

Cheers,

Mike

  _____