[rules-users] determinism with rulebase partitioning

Anstis, Michael (M.) manstis1 at ford.com
Fri Aug 1 02:40:50 EDT 2008

Hi Mark,

A few questions:-

(A) What does "parallel evaluation of a rulebase" mean? Is it designed
to optimise, for example, two threads processing a stateless and
stateful session?

(B) Are there only two partitions, both of which are invisible to the
user? Is there any value in allowing user-defined partitions?

(C) Does the partition used depend upon what type of session is used
(i.e. stateless always uses the partition without an agenda whereas
stateful always uses the partition with an agenda)?

(D) Can a rule sometimes be deterministic and sometimes not (i.e.
depends upon the type of session)?

Cheers,

Mike