[rules-users] Composition of Fact Templates

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Mon Aug 11 21:08:07 EDT 2008

FactTemplates are an experimental feature and only supports primitives
and strings as fields. It was based around using arrays for the models,
this made the implementation easy but tooling and integration with other
libraries being very hard. For 5.0 we using "type declarations" which
basically are generated pojos, which causes a nightmare for custom
classloader stuff, but is much more tooling and 3rd party library
integration friendly. These type declarations support primitives and
classes for their fields.

Mark