[rules-users] firing rules again?

David Cracauer dcracauer at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 22 22:39:09 EDT 2008

Marcin Krol-3 wrote:

> 1. When I call session.fireAllRules(), I find I can no longer add new
> facts using this session. Strictly speaking, I can do that, but they
> there doesn't seem to be any effect re firing rules.

You shouldn't need to do anything to the existing session.  I have a
situation where I add facts in a loop, calling session.fireAllRules() during
each iteration.

Have you tried using a working memory logger and the eclipse plugin to see
what happens after you add the next set of facts?  Its fairly easy to see if
there are any activations created by the facts that are inserted.