AW: [rules-users] Eclipse plugin error: DRL-files in multiple folders?

Tobias Abstreiter Tobias.Abstreiter at micronova.de
Tue Jul 8 13:28:00 EDT 2008

Thanks for your answer Kris!

Finally I managed to get all my rule files into one single folder. But sadly this seems to be not enough. I still get a huge amount of errors in Eclipse, although running the application works fine.
Creating a ".package"-file with all the imports in it did not work, so I inserted the imports in all rule files (more than 100 files - phew!). This eliminated half of the errors, but there are still many (~500) left.

I get errors, when I call a function with an container class as parameter out of another function:
> The method getNewComponentName(ArrayList, String) is undefined for the type H2GInitialisePlanCellWithoutWirkCell	TFW/src/rules	createData_2_createplan_functions_0_initialise_H2G_Cell.drl	line 75	1215533608869	1837
The parameters used in the function call are an ArrayList and a String, i really have no clue why this error appears.

There are import errors, but the used imports are all declared correctly in the rule files.

And some very strange things like this:
> The method setTrxFreq(H2GW_TrxFreq) in the type H2GW_Trx is not applicable for the arguments (H2GW_TrxFreq)	TFW/src/rules	createData_1_createwirk_functions_1_create_H2g_CreateNetworkForBts.drl	line 183	1215531032918	1821

Huh?

I am really stumped and have no idea what i should try next. Drools is a great piece of software, but having no support in the IDE writing rules is really hard.

Should i try to put all shared functions and imports into one big file? This would mean a lot of work and I would prefer another solution.

Any helping comment welcome!
Thanks!

Bye, Tobias

MicroNova electronic GmbH
Tobias Abstreiter
Telekommunikation & Netzmanagment
Unterfeldring 17
D-85256 Vierkirchen

Tel.:  +49 (08139) 93 00-42
Fax.:  +49 (08139) 93 00-80
eMail: Tobias.Abstreiter at micronova.de
Web:   http://www.micronova.de

Geschäftsführer: Josef W. Karl - Sitz der Gesellschaft: Jetzendorf
Registergericht: Ingolstadt - HRB-Nr.: 181 373