[rules-users] Is "or" allowed in a rule? Can I link the rules?

Yu Wang yuwarm at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 11:25:43 EDT 2008

I'm a beginner user of Jboss, please bear with my maybe dumb questions:

1. Seems to me that the conditions in a rule are always connected with "AND"
relation:

such as the following rule

if C1
  C2
  C3
then D1

it means "if C1 and C2 and C3, then D1"

Is "or" allowed? I mean , can I express:  "if (C1 or C2 or C3) and C4, then
D1" in 1 rule?

Right now, I can only use 3 rules to express it:

if C1
  C4
then D1

 if C2
  C4
then D1

 if C3
  C4
then D1

2. Can I form a link of rules? Can rule A's decision (the Then part) be rule
B's condition (The When part)?

for instance:
rule A: if C1, C2, C3 then D1
rule B: if D1, C4 then D2

When the complexity increases, the number of rules explodes.
I browsed the document and didn't find a clue. I'm using the 4.0.7.
Your help is highly appreciated.