[rules-users] Is "or" allowed in a rule? Can I link the rules?

Ingomar Otter iotter at mac.com
Thu Jul 24 11:47:54 EDT 2008

 >1. Seems to me that the conditions in a rule are always connected
with "AND" relation:
True.
AND is the default.

 >Is "or" allowed? I mean , can I express:  "if (C1 or C2 or C3) and
C4, then D1" in 1 rule?
You can have an explicit OR,  see section 6.5.2.3 of the 4.0.7
documentation.

> >Can I form a link of rules? Can rule A's decision (the Then part)
> be rule B's condition (The When part)?
>
> >for instance:
> >rule A: if C1, C2, C3 then D1
> >rule B: if D1, C4 then D2
usually the consequence (RHS) of would modify facts which you can test
in rule B.
A common way is to assert a fact.

 >When the complexity increases, the number of rules explodes.
What's your definition of "explodes"? This suggest that you should
have another go at your rule/fact model.

Cheers,
   --Ingomar