[rules-users] Measuring Drools Memory Usage

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Tue Jul 29 09:55:53 EDT 2008

I've thought about some callback mechanism that is executed when a rule
is no longer true, the problem I have is which variable changed to make
the rule no longer true and how do I expose the bound variables to the
user, especially if the rule is no longer  true due to a retraction, and
ofcourse I need to figure our the DRL syntax that makes sense.

I've thought about doing it as a sort of logical closure, so you have to
declare the data:
insertLogicalClosure( new LogicalClosure() {
execute() {.......}
} )

Not sure how to make the data accessible, maybe the user should have to
populate the map. Anyway idea is in the same way that a logical insert
is executed when the rule is true, the logical closure/method is executed.

So if someone has some time and fun, maybe they would work on this and
submit a patch :)

Mark