[rules-users] Compilation failed on BRMS with multi-consequence DSL phrase

Benjamin J McMillan ben at benmcmillan.com
Tue May 13 12:05:33 EDT 2008

Hello all,

I have a single DSL phrase that performs 2 actions, delimited by a
semicolon. This compiles and works fine under Eclipse. However, when I
uploaded the same DSL to the BRMS and rewrote the same rule that uses
this phrase, rule validation failed:

Unable to build expression for 'consequence': Failed to compile: 1
compilation error(s) ' modify(svc) { addBenefit( [...] ) }; insert(new
Decision( [...] )); '

( "[ ... ]" is sanitized for our protection )

The DSL phrase:

[consequence][]Do {p1} to {p2};=modify(svc) { addBenefit("{p1}") };
insert(new Decision(c, "{p2}"));

Note that in our DSL the RHS of the phrase does not include a line
break.

Is this a bug? Or are we just doing something wrong? Or can't the BRMS
handle this (again, Eclipse can)?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Ben