[rules-users] Drools as OSGI bundle

Marcus Ilgner marcus.ilgner at gmail.com
Wed May 14 08:13:02 EDT 2008

Hi,

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 1:12 PM, ekke <ekkehard at gentz-software.de> wrote:

>  just seen that SpringSource published Drools as OSGI bundles
>  http://www.springsource.com/repository/app/search?query=drools
>  http://www.springsource.com/repository/app/search?query=drools
>  - I'll create a request to get 4.0.7 - they published 4.0.4
>  next two weeks I'll try the bundles
>  ekke
>  --

thanks for the hint! It's especially interesting that they apparently
managed to deploy core, compiler and JSR94 interface in separate
packages. Have you tried these packages already? I'd assume that one
has to specify "Eclipse-RegisterBuddy: com.springsource.org.drools" or
some equivalent so Drools can find the classes from the bundles that
are using it?
I tried to package Drools in OSGi bundles myself some weeks ago but
stumbled over some class loader issues after dividing the components
into their own bundles.
If SpringSource managed to build working manifest files, it would be
great if the Drools team would incorporate these into the
JAR-distribution.

Best regards
Marcus