[rules-users] Declaring Variables in Condition

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Mon May 26 09:12:04 EDT 2008

    Markus,

    It may be a problem with the $ symbol that has special meaning in
regexps. Although, if that is the case, it is a bug in the DSL mapping
engine.
    Can you confirm that not using it resolves your problem? What shows up
in the DRL viewer when you open a DSLR file using your grammar?

    []s
    Edson

2008/5/26 Markus Helbig <info at markushelbig.de>:

> Yes, because $item1 should be a variable name, which should be bound
> to {item}, so it has to be possible to replace $item1 with $item2 or
> whatever so i can use the same consequence more than one time.
>
> The DSL Editor shows the correct things i want to have ... but
> compiling is not possible
>
> Cheers
>
> Markus
>
> On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 2:07 PM, Christine <christine at christine.nl> wrote:
> > On Mon, May 26, 2008 13:33, Markus Helbig wrote:
> >
> >> currently i always get that $item1 couldn't not be matched.
> >
> > I see no "item1" in your DSL, is that correct?
> >
> > Christine
> >

> >> Hi together,
> >>
> >> i'd like to do the following using a DSL
> >>
> >> in consequece part of a rule
> >>
> >> then
> >>      Create a new Item $item1
> >>      Set name of $item1 to "New Value"
> >> end
> >>
> >> DSL
> >>
> >> [consequence][]Create a new Item {item}={item}=new Object();
> >> [consequence][]Set name of {item} to {value}={item}.setValue({value});
> >>
> >> currently i always get that $item1 couldn't not be matched.
> >>
> >> Any suggestions?
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance, cheers
> >>
> >> Markus

Edson Tirelli