[rules-users] Comparing objects with decision tables

Bhamidi Krishna bhamidik at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 8 23:26:13 EST 2008

Hi,

I am attempting to use decision tables to compare the attribute values in two objects. I have been successful using drl files, but with an excel, I get a parse error, the excel looks something like this -

  RuleSet
  krishna.drools.decisiontable

  Import
  krishna.drools.*

  RuleTable KrishnasTest

  CONDITION
  ACTION

  MyCompare($cn:name)

  MyOriginal

  name==$cn
  System.out.println("$param");

  CheckTheName
  SetValueOfPercent

  10

CheckTheName and SetValueOfPercent are column headers.
I am not sure how to define the MyCompare.name as the value being compared. Would appreciate any pointers.

Thank you,

Krishna