[rules-users] Comparing objects with decision tables

Bhamidi Krishna bhamidik at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 12 09:46:54 EST 2008

(I am resending this message because the original one fetched no answers :-) )I am attempting to use decision tables to compare the attribute values in two objects. I have been successful using drl files, but with an excel, I get a parse error, the excel looks something like this -

RuleSet
krishna.drools.decisiontable

Import
krishna.drools.*

RuleTable KrishnasTest

CONDITION
ACTION

MyCompare($cn:name)

MyOriginal

name==$cn
System.out.println("$param");

CheckTheName
SetValueOfPercent

10
CheckTheName and SetValueOfPercent are column headers.I am not sure how to define the MyCompare.name as the value being compared. Am I making the correct use of decision tables in this scenario?

Would appreciate any pointers.Thank you,Krishna

Get 5 GB of storage with Windows Live Hotmail. Sign up today.