[rules-users] sequencial rules

Scott Reed sreed at avacoda.com
Tue Nov 11 08:04:24 EST 2008

You can add an instance of  Integer or an extension of Integer, perhaps
a class called StateId, to working memory. Initially set it to1. Add a
condition to each rule to test if the StateId is equal to each rule's
order in the sequence. Add a statement to the action part of each rule
to increment the StateId.

This is a general technique that can be used to manage transitions in a
state machine. The condition parts of rules use StateId to tell which
state the rules apply to and the rest of the condition parts determine
whether to transition to another state or not. The action parts of the
rules modify StateId to execute the transition.