[rules-users] Drools 5 in Eclipse 3.4.1 Newbie

J Michael Dean mdean77 at comcast.net
Sun Nov 23 19:54:38 EST 2008

Trying to move forward to Eclipse 3.4 so got it set up and now Drools
5.0.0.M3 eclipse plugin and feature.  Appears to have no effect, so am
guessing I have to load much more than that.  The documentation
implies that I ought to be up and running.  I was able to create a new
Drools project, but it would not function, asking for  a run time
Drools setup.  Removed these and tried to install 4.07 using the
Eclipse 3.3 update site, and that failed.  Removed 4.07 artifacts as
far as I can tell, but now when I put the 5.0.0 feature and plugin
back, there is no sign of Drools.  I am guessing that trying to load
the 4.07 from the update site has done something subtle to my Eclipse
setup, but no idea.

Shorter question is whether there is more to installing Drools 5 in
Eclipse than is in the documentation.  Thanks for any assistance.

- Mike