[rules-users] org.Drools.RuntimeRulesException

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Wed Nov 26 09:44:50 EST 2008

   This problem is really about the JDT jar:

   - org.eclipse.jdt.core_3.4.2.v_883_R34x.jar (does it matter if it's not
   "eclipse-jdt-core-3.4.1.v_883_R34x" - I can't find it in my eclipse plugin
   folder

   But if you are using drools plugin, it should be included by the plugin.
If using JDT, no need for JANINO and vice-versa.

   []s
   Edson

> This has been bugging me for a while trying out the HelloWorld example with
> Drools 5.0 M3.
>
> Unable to load dialect
> org.drools.rule.builder.dialect.java.JavaDialectConfiguration:java:org.drools.rule.builder.dialect.java.JavaDialectConfiguration'
>
> Although it doesn't affect the operation of the DSL file, the error kept
> popping up on my Eclipse 3.4.1 (Ganymade). Some had suggested to add all the
> jar libraries to the Java Build Path but that didn't work for me. So, I've
> removed most of them except the one recommended by the dependencies README.
>
> The following jars are in my buildpath now:
>
>    - antlr3-runtime-3.0.1
>    - janino-2.5.15
>    - org.eclipse.jdt.core_3.4.2.v_883_R34x.jar (does it matter if it's not
>    "eclipse-jdt-core-3.4.1.v_883_R34x" - I can't find it in my eclipse plugin
>    folder)
>    - core-3.4.2.v_883_R34x.jar
>    - mvel2-2.0.4-SNAPSHOT.jar
>    - entire DROOLS library (including drools-compiler-5.0.0.M3.jar and
>    drools-core-5.0.0.M3.jar)
>
> Am I missing something else?
>
> Thanks for you assistance.
>
> regards,