[rules-users] Adding a custom operator to drools?

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Fri Sep 12 13:26:32 EDT 2008

   It depends if your research involves sensitive/proprietary information or
not. If there is no sensitive information, go ahead and send to the list. We
are always interested in hearing about use cases. If it involves proprietary
information, then you may mail me and the other developers directly. We do
not disclose information if you ask us not to, but we always like to know
the kind of use cases Drools is being used in. Helps us drive the product
development in directions that will benefit the community and the project as
a whole.

   Cheers,
        Edson

2008/9/12 Michael Zimmermann <list at incunabulum.de>

> Edson,
>
> Edson Tirelli wrote:
> >    Drools 5 is not production ready yet, specially because we are still
> > working in the new major features like CEP and processes, but the 4.x
> > equivalent features all work.
>
> Sound promising. I guess I will give Drools 5 a spin next week.
> Especially the configurabiliy options for custom operators, template
> support  and drools solver sounds really intersting.
>
> > Also, if your research project is not expected
> > to be final in the next month or so, by the time you finish your project
> > we will have Drools 5 final out.
>
> Well, not next month but time is running short so that major
> architectural changes are not really the best idea since sliced bread :-)
>
> >    BTW, can you talk about about the subject of your research?
>
> Sure, yet should we better take this off-list?
>
> cu, Michael

Edson Tirelli
JBoss Drools Core Development