[rules-users] Templates Documented as Experimental from Community, not from Red Hat

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Tue Aug 4 22:24:33 EDT 2009

Ken Archer wrote:
> The jboss.org documentation describes rule templates as " an
> experimental feature. In particular, the API is subject to change".
> However, the Red Hat documentation does not caveat rule templates as
> "experimental" in any way.  Are templates (which are available in
> other BRMSs) no longer considered "experimental"?  Thanks so much.
No they are experimental still. I'm waiting for the community author, or
someone else in the community to, to work on them and mature them more.
Adding other tabular data sources, such as a database and proving the
current approach is flexible enough. We haven't had any feedback on this
yet,  I don't even know if people are using it, so it's hard for us to
guage the maturity of it. So until the community steps up more, even if
it's just suggestions on what's needed to get this matured, it will stay
"experimental" - some better documentation wouldn't go amiss either :)

Mark