[rules-users] Drools Workflow functionality related doubt.

Eric Schabell erics at redhat.com
Thu Aug 13 01:59:58 EDT 2009

> Hi,

Hi!

I will answer what I can here below inline:

> I want to use Drool Workflow in one of my project.
> I have some doubts about functionalities proovided by the Drools
> Workflow,
> as can they fullfill my requirements.
>
> 1. Is there support for multiple roles in a workflow?

Do you mean human tasks in a rules flow?

> 2. Does it checks for sufficient user rights to execute workflow
> actions?

Not sure what you mean here? Do you want to check some user before each rules flow step attempts to fire it's rules?

> 3. Can Drools Workflow steps can access and update the related content
> objects and maintain version history?

Yes, it is all in a repo with versioning, history, etc.

Yes, http://www.jboss.com/products/platforms/brms/testedconfigurations/

> 5. Ability to generate conditional alerts and notifications.

Of course, this is Java remember!

> 6. Intefacing with other systems possible and Workflow engine can be
> driven programmatically.

Yes, there is an API, see examples provided in code base or look closer at this mailinglist.

Regards,
erics