[rules-users] Using multiple threads for parallel rule flow execution

Tobias Buchloh t.buchloh at gmx.net
Thu Aug 13 03:19:28 EDT 2009

Hi *,

I need to speed up the total processing time needed for the execution of
a rule flow which consists of multiple rule flow groups (e. g. A, B and
C). I'm thinking about to parallelize the execution of A and B.

Start --> split +          +--> join --> C --> End

Is it possible to split a flow in multiple parallel execution paths
(with AND), execute them with real parallelism in their own threads and
join them together at the end?

Or is everything in the drools flow some sort of "pseudo-parallelism" so
that I would have to implement this by hand?

Cheers,
Tobias