[rules-users] Maps in Drools

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Thu Aug 20 16:55:40 EDT 2009

André Thieme wrote:
> Edson Tirelli schrieb:
>
>>    ooops... correct version:
>>
>> when
>>    Map( this["type"] == "Point", $x : this["x"] )
>>    Map( this["type"] == "Circle", this["x"] == $x )
>> then
>> end

We default to MVEL, because it's simple and already contains everything
we need for expression evaluation. However it would definitely be
possible to implement this natively, effectively "emulating" MVEL -
although you need to think what this actual buys? It doesn't buy
indexing, as it's not MVEL that is the problem here.

Mark