[rules-users] New Operators

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Wed Aug 26 10:07:53 EDT 2009

   Ahmed,

   Drools Fusion is an extension to Drools Expert. Everything you can do in
Drools Expert, is also available in Drools Fusion. Please take a look at the
Drools Expert manual:

http://www.jboss.org/drools/documentation.html

    Regarding your questions:

rule xyz
when
    $a : Event(  ) or
    $b : Event(  )
then
    // ...
end

    As I mentioned in my previous e-mail. Drools is FOL complete, so you can
nest your constraints as you like. Assuming a,b,c,d and e are patterns:

rule Exp
when
     (A(...) and B(...) and C(...)) or (D(...) and E(...))
then
    // ...
end

rule a
when
    B(...) and (not(B(...))) // this will only be true if constraints inside
b are not the same, obviously
then
   // ...
end

    []s
    Edson

2009/8/26 Ahmed Hafsi <hafsi at fzi.de>

> Hi Guys ,
> I am using the latest version of drools fusion .
> Is it possible to create new operators ? For example I want to make the
> logic rule OR
> i.e :
> a :- b;c.
> I know I can make a rule for it like this ::
>
> rule _Rule
> when
> $a Event()
> $b Event(this after $a || this before $a)
> then
> //..
> end
>
> can I embed this rule to make more complex logical rules ? say for example
> want to represent the following rule :
> Exp :- (a AND b AND c) OR (d AND e)
>
> One more question ::
>
> how can I represent the not operator ? i.e :
> a :- b AND (NOT(b))
>
> Thanks,
> Khalil Hafsi

 Edson Tirelli