[rules-users] Guvnor fails to vaildate rule, though same rule compiles and run successfully when compiled command line with ANT.

Codedrop greg.roll at neteller.com
Wed Aug 26 10:47:00 EDT 2009

Recently upgraded from Drools 4.0.7 to 5.1.0 and have imported our rules into
Guvnor.  Unable to determine why the same rules will not correctly validate
in Guvnor which prevents building a package for deployment.

Sample Rule:

salience 50
agenda-group "idia"
                when
       Root(identityRequest != null)
                then
                                logger.debug("Main - Main Data Evaluation");
                                System.out.println("Main - Main Data
Evaluation");
        drools.getWorkingMemory().setFocus("mainAnalysis");
Throws the following validation error when you select ‘Validate’:
[Main - Data Evaluation] Unable to create Field Extractor for
'identityRequest' of '[ClassObjectType
class=com.netid.idia.model.natal.rootIdentityRequest.Root]' in rule 'Main -
Data Evaluation'

Unsure why identityRequest  is failing.  There is a valid getter in the java
file and guvnor displays identityRequest in the list of attributes for
‘Root’. Oddly, if I change the when clause to be
Root(this.identityRequest != null)  it validates fine.  Did something change
between 4.0.7 and 5.1.0 that I’m missing or do I have error somewhere that
goes undetected outside the guvnor?