[rules-users] Drools Community Clinic Feb 4th 5PM GMT

Michal Bali michalbali at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 05:04:17 EST 2009

>If no-loop is used with Rule 1 instead of lock-on-active, the rule will go
>into an infinite loop. I don't understand why no-loop doesn't work. Any
>guidance?
no-loop won't work because of Rule2. It modifies Stack and that reactivates
Rule1. No-loop will ignore only modifications to current set of data
(current tuple).

>If lock-on-active is used on Rule 1 and Rule 2 (instead of no-loop), Rule 2
>is never activated. It's interesting that no-loop works in Rule 2, but not
>in Rule 1.
this is because both rules are part of the MAIN agenda-group. With the input
data you have, when Rule1 increases the size of the Stack only then can
Rule2 fire however it won't since lock-on-active will discard its
activations.