[rules-users] Drools Community Clinic Feb 4th 5PM GMT

Dan Seaver dan.seaver at ge.com
Wed Jan 28 11:21:31 EST 2009

Not true...If I remove Rule 2 and change the attribute on Rule 1 to no-loop
true, I still get infinite loop. The rule will process board 5, then board
4, then back to board 5.

Michal Bali-2 wrote:

>>If no-loop is used with Rule 1 instead of lock-on-active, the rule will go
>>into an infinite loop. I don't understand why no-loop doesn't work. Any
>>guidance?
> no-loop won't work because of Rule2. It modifies Stack and that
> reactivates
> Rule1. No-loop will ignore only modifications to current set of data
> (current tuple).

Not true...If I remove Rule 2 and change the attribute on Rule 1 to no-loop
true, I still get infinite loop. The rule will process board 5, then board
4, then back to board 5 again and again.

Michal Bali-2 wrote:

>>If lock-on-active is used on Rule 1 and Rule 2 (instead of no-loop), Rule
2
>>is never activated. It's interesting that no-loop works in Rule 2, but not
>>in Rule 1.
> this is because both rules are part of the MAIN agenda-group. With the
> input
> data you have, when Rule1 increases the size of the Stack only then can
> Rule2 fire however it won't since lock-on-active will discard its
> activations.

Yes, I understand why Rule 2 doesn't fire when the attribute is set to
lock-on-active, but why does no-loop work with Rule 2, but not with Rule 1?