[rules-users] Java beans inheritance

Zohar Etzioni zohar.etzioni at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 09:25:45 EST 2009

Hi,

I have a class hierarchy of objects that I'm inserting as facts. Lets
say X, Y extends X and Z extends Y. I have a rule that is defined on X
and therefore applies to all of them, however in the rule I want to
ask about the class name and I'm referring to it as
class.name=="some.class". This should work as far as I understand coz
it keeps the java beans format, however it is not directly defined in
the class X but rather in Object. The error I'm getting is "Error:
could not access: name". Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
Dawg