[rules-users] Changing PackageIsSource from false to true

Jervisliu jliu at redhat.com
Sun Nov 22 10:09:48 EST 2009

ramram8 wrote:
>>> Thnx Jervis for explaining the issue
>>> yes you are correct I dont have any .drl file in the package
>>> I have a model Jar file and .rf file
>>>
>>> and the error that i am getting is the following:
>>>
>>> ERROR [STDERR] Could not find work item handler for Log
>>>
>>> i dont know why?? any ideas I thought it was related to PackageIsSource!
>>>

>> Looks like its not related to PackageIsSource. Will you be able to
>> create a test case that can be used to reproduce the error or at least
>> some detailed step by step instructions on you ran into this problem so
>> that we can look into this further?
>>

> Yes sure Jervis:
> Look what I am trying to do is that I have a .rf process that contains the
> following:
> START > USERTASK > LOG > END
>
> How I am uploading the process into guvnor as the follow:
> 1- upload the Model Jar file that contains registering the handler to the
> human task and to the Log
> 2- upload the.rf process
> 3- build the package with name "default"
> 4- create a snapshot
> 5- restart the server
>
> and I am getting this error on the web console after a finish processing the
> USERTASK
> ERROR [STDERR] Could not find work item handler for Log
>
> really i am confused because in the jar file i having the following
> ksession.getWorkItemManager().registerWorkItemHandler("Log", new
> SystemOutWorkItemHandler());
>
> it seems that the Model jar file uploaded into guvnor is not being
> processed??
> any ideas how to resolve the issue????

The error message "Could not find work item handler for Log" suggested
that there was no work item handler found for work item "Log". Could you
please double check that you indeed registered a handler for work item
"Log"? The name is case sensitive. If this still does not help, you can
send me the model jar file and the .rf file.

Cheers,
Jervis