[rules-users] Drools with Web Application

Sahid Khan (সাহিদ) sahidkhn at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 01:19:57 EST 2009

Hello,

Drools is very new to me. So please excuse me if this question sounds too naive.

Basically my requirement is: I have a web based (3-tier j2ee)
application which is
deployed in JBoss AS. Now I want to incorporate some business rule
implementations with this application so that end users, who are not
very technical, can add/modify the rules according to their need. I
suppose Drools Guvnor will be the front end and rules repository and
Drools Expert will be
the back end for such requirements. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I had gone through the drools documentation. That talks about
stand-alone application for guvnor itself, but I want to use Guvnor
inside my existing application itself, preferably by using some Guvnor API.

Can some one please provide some insight on how to do this. Also, I'll
appreciate if some one can point me to some getting started/best
practice documents for these stuffs?

Many thanks in advance,
--
Sahid
Argue with idiots, and you become an idiot. - PG