[rules-users] Using Guvnor fact models for Eclipse rule editing

flo florian.geiselhart at uni-ulm.de
Fri Dec 3 08:21:00 EST 2010

Title says almost all, if I check out my already created Models, Rules and
Enumerations from Guvnor to an Eclipse Project, I can edit them all, but
Eclipse's guided business rule editor doesn't seem to recognize my Fact
Model drls which are located in the same folder.
Strangely, the enums are recognized correctly and can be used in the guided
editor...But if I try to add a fact to the LHS (or a fact property) for
example, the resulting list to choose from has no entires beside the
standard "...".

I've already tried a variety of "import" statements in the autocreated
"drools.package" file, but this didn't seem to make any change. Do I need to
make any settings on the project, or do the namespaces between guvnor and
eclipse have to match or something like that?

As a short explanation what I'm actually trying to achieve - I have a Guvnor
repository, which is used in conjunction with drools-server and a .NET
client (no Java application anywhere!). This repository already contains my
Fact Model as DRLs, and also some enums and some rules. For authoring
additional rules, I don't want to use the Guvnor web interface but eclipse
because of its far better usability when handling lots of rules...now this
obviously doesn't work without Eclipse recognizing my fact model.

Thanks for any advice on this!
Best,
phlo