[rules-users] KnowledgeAgent exception while trying to deserialize KnowledgeDefinitionsPackage

John Peterson john.peterson.gv3k at statefarm.com
Fri Dec 3 11:15:55 EST 2010

I'm getting the following error when I attempt to run my Drools
application.  I recently upgraded from Drools 5.0.1 and Guvnor 5.0.1 to
5.1.1 (for both).  I've looked through the rules-users list and I found
the issue with the XML Change Set (authentication), which I've addressed
(XML listed at the bottom), but I'm still getting the error.  Does
anyone have any ideas or can point me in a particular direction?

Thanks

Error:
[2010:12:337 09:12:373:debug] KnowledgeAgent mapping
resource=[ClassPathResource path='ruleflow.rf'] to
KnowledgeDefinition=org.drools.ruleflow.core.RuleFlowProcess at 2d89ba2a
[2010:12:337 09:12:373:exception]
java.lang.RuntimeException: KnowledgeAgent exception while trying to
deserialize KnowledgeDefinitionsPackage
	at
org.drools.agent.impl.KnowledgeAgentImpl.addResourcesToKnowledgeBase(Kno
wledgeAgentImpl.java:914)
	at
org.drools.agent.impl.KnowledgeAgentImpl.rebuildResources(KnowledgeAgent
Impl.java:704)
	at
org.drools.agent.impl.KnowledgeAgentImpl.buildKnowledgeBase(KnowledgeAge
ntImpl.java:584)
	at
org.drools.agent.impl.KnowledgeAgentImpl.applyChangeSet(KnowledgeAgentIm
pl.java:185)
	at
org.drools.agent.impl.KnowledgeAgentImpl.applyChangeSet(KnowledgeAgentIm
pl.java:168)
	at
com.agencyawards2.RuleSessionProviderFactory.getSessionFactory(RuleSessi
onProviderFactory.java:102)
	at
com.agencyawards2.RuleSessionProviderFactory.getProvider(RuleSessionProv
iderFactory.java:30)
	at com.agencyawards2.RunRules.runRules(RunRules.java:25)
	at com.agencyawards2.DroolsTest.main(DroolsTest.java:36)
	at
org.drools.process.core.impl.ProcessImpl.equals(ProcessImpl.java:134)
	at java.util.HashMap.put(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.HashSet.add(Unknown Source)
	at
org.drools.agent.impl.KnowledgeAgentImpl$RegisteredResourceMap.putDefini
tion(KnowledgeAgentImpl.java:1150)
	at
org.drools.agent.impl.KnowledgeAgentImpl.addDefinitionMapping(KnowledgeA
gentImpl.java:1037)
	at
org.drools.agent.impl.KnowledgeAgentImpl.buildResourceMapping(KnowledgeA
gentImpl.java:496)
	at
org.drools.agent.impl.KnowledgeAgentImpl.buildResourceMapping(KnowledgeA
gentImpl.java:443)
	at
org.drools.agent.impl.KnowledgeAgentImpl.addResourcesToKnowledgeBase(Kno
wledgeAgentImpl.java:912)
	... 8 more

Change Set:
  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
- <change-set xmlns="http://drools.org/drools-5.0/change-set"
xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xs:schemaLocation="http://drools.org/drools-5.0/change-set
drools-change-set-5.0.xsd">
- <add>
  <resource
source="http://localhost:8080/drools-guvnor/org.drools.guvnor.Guvnor/pac
kage/com.agencyawards2/LATEST" type="PKG" basicAuthentication="enabled"
username="admin" password="admin" />
  </add>
  </change-set>