[rules-users] Insert new facts in WorkingMemory event handler

Bruno Freudensprung bruno.freudensprung at temis.com
Mon Dec 6 04:32:24 EST 2010

Hi everyone,

Do you know if it is possible to insert/modify/retract facts in a
working memory event handler?

Here is my use case actually: I want my users to be able to write rules
like "When ... Then retract X" without having to bother with the
consequences of  retracting X on the other objects of the sessions (some
of them might be retracted as well). These consequences can be expressed
by rules, but I would like them to be kind of "part of the framework"
and it would be easier for users if those rules were implicitly defined.

Many thanks in advance for any hint,
Best regards,

Bruno.