[rules-users] new to Drools: modeling issues

Gabor Szokoli szocske at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 05:36:25 EST 2010

Thanks for the instant response!

2010/12/6 Michael Anstis <michael.anstis at gmail.com>:
> The drools-expert documentation would be a good starting point; otherwise
> Wikipedia has a good overview of the RETE algorithm (all be it Drools has
> its own extensions).

I'm reading the documentation thoroughly of course, but it seems to be
centered about using the system and writing rules. Which is how it
should be, don't get me wrong :-)
I'm just hoping for some spoilers like "Section X will detail how java
object are mapped to WMEs."

> Regarding your specifics; you could look into using a DSL for the domain
> experts rather than pure DRL. Also, the no-loop attribute could\should help
> with your looping fear (have a look in the documentation).

Can I put off the DSL part for later, and consider it just an extra
layer of rule file parsing for now?
Do I lose the graphical on-line editor features of Guvnor (which I
admittedly have not looked into yet, just salivated over some
screenshots.) if I make a DSL?

> A rather disturbing example you choose to show in your email; I think I
> prefer the "Cheese" centric types in the documentation :)

Other than the attention-whoring double take in nomenclature, does
that rule pattern look OK?

I'll stick with cheese in the future :-)

Thanks Again!

Gabor Szokoli