[rules-users] new to Drools: modeling issues

Michael Anstis michael.anstis at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 05:54:04 EST 2010

Glad you're reading the documents - you'd be surprised how many people
asking questions do not!

You can put off DSL until you're happy your rules are working, off course -
in fact, IMO, it's easier to "debug" rules without the additional
abstraction.

You're first rule looks better - although I'd still be inclined to look at
no-loop rather than the check yourself (what if you need the new value to be
dynamic; i.e. not just statically "value"? Your rules would become
cumbersome).

The second rule does not associate StringHolder to any particular Child
instance (although easily added); so you'd get the cross-product of
StringHolders and Child facts; not I suspect what you'd want.

Cheers,

Mike