[rules-users] timer and duration - and please not the PS!

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 02:19:35 EST 2010

Ooh, it seems Eclipse outwitted me once again. But I think I made it on the
2nd try...
Sorry

PS:
(1) A decision on the matter of DSL variables would be appreciated. I'm
currently
developing a non-trivial DSL, and learning a lot about what's needed for a
*real world *application. Most importantly, some means of structuring the
DSL definition, so that they can be applied distinctively to specific groups
of
rules. This reduces the risk of "ricochets" if you know what I mean.

I've thought about proposing an entirely new approach, based on DRL
syntactic
entities, i.e., the expansion of a DSL phrase must be a "medium level"
non-terminal
of the DRL language. But this certainly restricts phrase parameters to
terminals.
If it's too sophisticated, you end up with a parser/compiler almost as nasty
as ANTLR3.

(2) I haven't forgotten the spreadsheet fixes. There's another relic I
found: some of
the column keywords have single letter alternatives (e.g. "U" for "no-loop",
"X" for
"activation-group"). Should I retain them - they are NOT documented in
Expert.

Should I add timer(int:)? Duration is deprecated, I'll leave this in but it
ought to
be marked clearly as such in the documentation, at least.

Please advise - I  can live with everything - non of this is important for
my company,
but I want to get the fixes and additions out of my thinning hair ;-)