[rules-users] Does rule modification require re-compilation?

Michael Anstis michael.anstis at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 03:33:54 EST 2010

Hi,

Any changes to rules within a DRL will need to be reflected in the
KnowledgeBase after being compiled by KnowledgeBuilder into
KnowledgePackages..

How the DRL changes *get* to the KnowledgeBase is a different matter: You
could use Changesets, KnowledgeAgent, Guvnor or simply add the DRL to your
KnowledgeBase manually.

To avoid any confusion you do not need to recompile your application as
"rules" are simply an external resource.

Cheers,

Mike