[rules-users] Does rule modification require re-compilation?

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 03:40:30 EST 2010

Yet another addition:

Changing one DRL file does not mean you have to recompile them all; only the
changed one. This means that you can, by judicious distribution of your
rules over several .DRL files separate stable rules from the volatile or
likely-to-be-changed ones. Then, you keep the KnowledgePackage-s resulting
from individual DRL files in serialized form, load those where the DRL does
not change into your KnowledgeBase and compile (and save!) the changed DRL.

-W