[rules-users] How to create nested rules in Drool Guvnor

Michael Neale michael.neale at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 01:29:02 EST 2010

There was some work done to inherit LHS conditions from a certain
named category - but that seems diferent to what Michael described.. I
am confused too. (and from what I remember, it was an attribute, not
in the header, but this might be a new experimental thing?).

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 7:49 AM, malkhafaji <moe.alkhafaji at medcpu.com> wrote:

> Marc Dzaebel wrote:
>>
>> Correction: extends works but is obviously undocumented. It adds the when
>> part of the extended rule.
>>

> Is the support for this keyword removed from the current version (in trunk)?
> This is the first time I am trying to use 'extends' in my rules but I cannot
> find ANYTHING in the documentation about it, and I have spent at least an
> hour searching this forum about it and it seems like everybody is saying
> that it should work to just do:
>
> rule "Rule 2"
>   when
>        blah
>   then
>        blah
> end
>
> rule "Rule 1" extends "Rule 2"
>   when
>        blah
>   then
>        blah
> end
>
> But eclipse does not recognize "extends" as a valid keyword. Am I missing
> something?

Michael D Neale
home: www.michaelneale.net
blog: michaelneale.blogspot.com