[rules-users] Drools Flow: Validation Chain Approach

David Sinclair dsinclair at chariotsolutions.com
Wed Jun 2 16:28:56 EDT 2010

Hi Anatoly,

Just saw your original post.

"
    What would be your approach of a clean way to do it in order to avoid
cluttering the process definition with a splitter after individual
"Validation XYZ Node":

               Validation One Node
                            \/
                       SPLITTER => Finalize => End ( or Fault node, which is
as dirty )
                            \/
               Validation Two Node
                            \/
                       SPLITTER => Finalize => End
                            \/
               Validation Three Node
                            \/
                       SPLITTER => Finalize => End
                            \/
               Validation Four Node

Could the validations be done in rules as opposed to individual nodes? And
then have a single splitter that check the value of some object to determine
whether to exit or not?

dave