[rules-users] RuleBase Question

malkhafaji moe.alkhafaji at medcpu.com
Fri Jun 11 20:31:47 EDT 2010

OK. The reason why I don't want to use KnowledgeAgent is because I want the
DRL scanning to be done synchronously once I send a JMX message and not by
having the KnowledgeAgent polls the resource folder for changes every x time
units. Can I do that?

Basically, I want another application to send a signal to start scanning the
DRL folder for changed files and then compile and re-add only those that
have been modified. I am currently using the file modification time to
determine what has changed since last time. Is there a better approach?

Right now I have a JMX bean that scans the folder, and grabs the DRLs that
got changed, and only recompile those, then re-add them to the RuleBase,
then get a new stateful session the next execution.