[rules-users] drools-compiler 5.1.0.SNAPSHOT: transitive deps not set up right?

Justin Edelson justinedelson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 22:28:59 EDT 2010

On 6/21/10 8:39 PM, ljnelson wrote:

> Well, I pulled down the Drools source and built what I needed from source,
> and then dependencies worked fine.  So the problem has to do with the Nexus
> repository.  For whatever reason the artifacts resolved from there are not
> pointing to the right transitive dependencies.  And that, ladies and
> gentlemen, is where my Nexus expertise begins and ends.  :-)
>
> Best,
> Laird
This looks like a bug in the dependency plugin. Nexus is *just* a fancy
HTTP server. I suggest you do what Jason suggested on maven-users and
submit a sample pom.

This line in the output:
Downloading:
https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/public/org/drools/drools-compiler/5.1.0.20100621.173807-286/drools-compiler-5.1.0.20100621.173807-286.pom

should be
Downloading:
https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/public/org/drools/drools-compiler/5.1.0.SNAPSHOT/drools-compiler-5.1.0.20100621.173807-286.pom

Furthermore, for me at least, dependency:list works, further suggesting
a problem specific to the dependency:tree goal.

That said, in general, I wouldn't advise anyone to use SNAPSHOTs (from
any project) from a public repository - they're just too fragile. If you
need to depend upon pre-release versions, you're better off building
yourself.

HTH,
Justin